How To Buy The Perfect Outdoor Rug?
The ideal outdoor rug meets three requirements:
- Bring your outdoor decor together.
- Brings a sense of comfort (usually reserved for indoors) to the outdoors.
- It is weather resistant, which means it resists fading, dampness, and mildew.
If you're thinking about adding a nice outdoor rug to your patio or deck space, here are some pointers on how to choose the correct one.
Construction and Materials
Organic fibres degrade over time in the sun and wetness, therefore polypropylene, acrylic, or a combination of both are the finest choices for a long-lasting outdoor rug. These UV-stabilized man-made fibres will allow moisture to pass through them rather than soaking it up, and they will resist fading and mildew. This produces a soft yet resilient texture that will hold its colour and pile for years with appropriate care.
Shapes & Colors
The colors of the rainbow are finely tinted in today's man-made yarns. Outdoor rugs come in an incredible variety of colors, patterns, styles, and sizes; at Green Decore, we have many alternatives to pick from! Here are some suggestions for narrowing down your options:
- Decide on the shape and size of your room. This is the straightforward part. What happened to the rug? If it is placed beneath a circular dining table and chairs, for example, select a big round rug with a diameter equal to the table's diameter plus an extra 5-6 feet of breadth to accommodate the chairs. Choose a rug with a comparable form to the dining table whether it is square or rectangular. The same rules apply to your seating arrangement. If you cannot decide between two rug sizes, go with the bigger one. Rug edges may always be hidden under furniture, but there is no way to hide a rug that is too tiny for the room.
- There are so many different themes, colors, and patterns to pick from that it might be intimidating, especially if you're starting from scratch. Use our Design Insider blog, a magazine, or a home and garden expo to get ideas. Consider your favourite trips and the hotels and resorts you've visited. Consider your home's style and architectural design and stick with it. Do you prefer a traditional, classy setting or something brighter and more fun?
- Use your outdoor rug and some matching throw pillows to give flashes of color or patterns to furniture with neutral-colored cushion coverings. This makes it simple to alter your look as your tastes vary. If you are matching a rug to a vibrant design on a furniture cushion, go for a solid color, a subdued rug that complements the furniture without fighting for attention.
Your outdoor rug will be subjected to a great deal of wear and tear. Sun, rain, hail, muddy shoes, sticky kids, spilt food and drink, bird excrement (gross but real), and various ground-in sand, leaves, pine needles, and other debris While that low-cost outdoor rugs at the local big box shop may attract you, be aware that it will not withstand the elements, will not drain water correctly, will tear quickly, and will fade in the sun. It may be inexpensive, but it will not give the same level of comfort or durability as a high-quality outdoor rug. We recommend outdoor rugs from firms like Green Decore, which take pleasure in their work and create it to withstand the elements.
So, if you are looking for premium and durable outdoor rugs that have the ability to withstand the harshest weather, Green Decore is the place for you. Shop for outdoor rugs by visiting the official website of Green Decore.